Thank you so very much, Imp's Mom for giving me the Brillante Weblog Premio 2008 Award. It's a fantastic feeling.
Ok. Now, when I Googled this award, I came across this link saying it was a hoax. But personally, I don't care if it is a real award. That someone thought of me as good enough to merit a mention is good enough. So, here are the rules of the award:
Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere.
Here are the rules for this award:
- When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
- Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
- Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
- Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
- And then we pass it on!
Now, on to the bloggers I would like to award this prize to:
- Sidin Vadukut on Domain Maximus: This guy is an occasional (less and less occasional) blogger who has me clutching my stomach trying not to laugh every time he posts. I am kind of surprised nobody has awarded him so far. At least, not that I know of. Good work Sidin. Keep going! And more often please.... :-)
- Lekhni on The Imagined Universe: I like the name of the blog. I also like her brave attempts at what she calls cooking. I don't know how she does it, but she somehow manages to make the dishes look good.
- Confused on Life is a Street Car named Desire: Hits the nail right on the head. And runs an extremely informative and interesting blog.
- Vikram Nandwani on .pOINT_bLANK: Fantastic cartoons. He does not update very often, but when he does, it's worth the wait.
- Ideasmith on The Idea-smithy: Everything on this blog is worth reading.
I only have five on the list because others have already awarded my other favourite bloggers. But, I will mention them because some of them truly deserve to be awarded more than once.
First, I would like to mention Krish Ashok for his absolutely brilliant sense of humour. Then comes Nita for the painstaking research she does before every post. Each post if wonderfully informative and interesting. Roop Rai for the passionate champion she is for the cause against female foeticide. Also for the blog on female foeticide that enlightens and informs. And finally, Planemad for inspiring me to love the city I live in. His photos of the city are fabulous.